On Telegram, there is something called ‘Channel’, where you can send out messages to a large number of people who will not be able to reply to the messages. Channels are used as a form of broadcast where you give announcements and other notices to the people in the channel.
And obviously, people do not reply to announcements except to do the announcements. In a channel, only the admins can send messages and all the members have to do read the messages and then do what it says or go about what they were already doing.
So if you are a Telegram user who is looking to start your channel where you can broadcast announcements to the people who will be beaded to the channel, then please continue reading further to see just how you can do that.
How To Create A Telegram Channel
- Open the Telegram app and then tap on the pencil icon. This can be located at the bottom right corner of the screen
- Now, click on the ‘new channel’ option. After you choose this option, you will be shown a brief description of what the Telegram channels are and their use. After that, you will now be set to give a name to your channel along with the description of what the channel is and even some emojis if you want to.
- You also have to decide whether the channel you are creating will be a public channel or a private channel. If you choose to make the channel a private one, you will be given a private link by Telegram which can be sent to your friends to join the channel. However, if you decide to make it public, then people will be able to join it easily by just searching for the name on the app.
- After the channel has been created, you will now have to invite people to join it. all your contacts will be shown to you and then you just tap on the ones that you want to add to the channel
- In case you forgot to add a particular contact at the beginning, you can add them later by going to the channel name at the top of the screen and tapping on subscribers, and then tapping on ‘add subscribers’. Choose the people you want to add to the channel.
- You can also add administrators in the Telegram channel settings and even start a voice chat by tapping on the three dots at the top of the screen. You can also add a shortcut of the Telegram to your smartphone home screen.
- You can also change the channel name along with its profile photo and even create an invite link by tapping on the pencil icon
So this is how you create your Telegram channel on the app. It is very easy to create and all you will have to worry about is a name that will fit what the channel will be about since telegram cannot choose the name for you.
Anyway, I am sure that this article has been helpful to all the Telegram users here. Please make sure to like and comment your views on this article in the comment section below.