Let’s say you have recently joined Telegram and having fun chatting and meeting new friends. You are going to send a message that you will wish you haven’t sent. Now let’s cover how to clear telegram chat in this quick tutorial.
It has happened to all of us before, we will be chatting with someone and ask a question which we will later regret sending, and when this happens, we rush to delete the message sent.
Not every message has to also stay forever on the receipt device. Sometimes too, you will just be having a one-time conversation, and after that chat, there won’t be any need to chat with that person again. Also, you might want to ask a confidential question and wouldn’t like anybody to see that message.
That is what this article is all about. At the end of this article, we will cover how to delete Telegram messages, what happens when you delete messages on Telegram and when to delete telegram chat.
There are two ways to delete Chats on Telegram, and they are manually deleting Telegram chats and auto-deleting Telegram chats. You can also check out how to leave Telegram groups.
Clearing chats on Telegram is different for both android and IOS, so let’s dive into both of them.
How To Clear Telegram Chats On Android
- Launch the Telegram app and select the chat you want to clear the chat
- Click on the three vertical lines on the top right
- Select Clear History
- Now you will see Clear History, and you can click on it to clear all the chats. If you also want to set auto-delete, scroll down, and you will see the Auto-Delete feature, now set the time you wish to the conversions you’ve had with that person to auto-delete, you can choose between 24 hours, one week and one month.
- Now after activating this feature, Telegram will then auto-delete the messages based on the time you specified.
How To Clear Telegram Chats On iPhone
The process of deleting a Telegram chat on iPhone is different, especially when it comes to the auto-delete settings. Now, let’s dive in.
- On your phone, open the chat you want to clear the conversations.
- Tap and hold the message you sent
- Choose Delete to clear the message, but if you want to set up the auto-delete option, click on the Select
- Then click on Clear Chat on the top left
- Select Enable Auto-Delete
- Now choose the time you want the auto-delete to work, if after one day or after one week.
Then chats will start auto-deleting based on your specified time. If you wish to disable to auto-delete feature, you can revisit the auto delete tab and select Never.
Now you don’t have to worry about sending a message to somebody and having a second thought that somebody is having a copy of your chat.
In this article, we went through how to clear Telegram chats and how to auto-delete Telegram messages and how the auto-delete feature works.