Recently, I had a friend of mine asking how she could backup her messages to iCloud on her iPhone. This request made me realise that there may be some people out there who do not know how to back up their iPhone WhatsApp to iCloud. This article is here to rectify that.
Backing up your messages can be very important because you never know when to look up an old message. Creating a backup of your WhatsApp messages also helps you to get back to where you left off before you uninstalled WhatsApp from your mobile device.
For Apple users, there are two ways to back up their WhatsApp messages to iCloud, and in this article, we will look at those methods to see how one can back up their messages iCloud.
The First Method – Backup WhatsApp Data Only
The first method allows you to backup only your WhatsApp data to iCloud. That is if that is what you prefer. When you use this method, you link your WhatsApp to iCloud so that only the data of your WhatsApp is backed up.
After doing this, you will be able to do your WhatsApp settings and take the backup of your chats, attachments, and other things onto your iCloud account. You also make sure that the space on your iCloud account is enough to support the backup you are doing.
You can also turn on the automatic backup feature on iCloud so that your backups will be done automatically for you.
Now, please follow the steps below to know how to backup your WhatsApp messages to iCloud.
- Open your WhatsApp and go to settings, to chat and then to chat backup
- To do an immediate backup of your chats, choose ‘back up now. If you have not linked your WhatsApp to your iCloud account, you will be prompted to sign in to your iCloud account. You can choose to include or exclude videos in the backups.
- To activate automatic backups, go to ‘auto backup’ and select your desired backup frequency to be daily, weekly, or monthly.
The Second Method – Add WhatsApp To Your iPhone Backup
You can also backup your entire iPhone smartphone to your iCloud account with your WhatsApp included. This method includes your pictures, videos, docs, notes, and many other things on your iPhone.
However, before going ahead with this, you may need to purchase more iCloud space from apple since, by default, apple only gives you 5GB worth of iCloud space. To use this method, please follow the steps below.
- Open your iPhone device and go to settings, to iCloud.
- Go to back up and activate the backup feature there.
- You can also view the apps that will be included in the backup to your iCloud account. Scroll down to make sure that your WhatsApp is included. If it is not, enable its option.
- You can also prevent some apps from being included in the backup by disabling their backup option.
And with this, you are done. Your WhatsApp is now included in the device backup of your iPhone automatically.
This is how you can backup your WhatsApp chats and data to your iCloud. As you can see, there are two methods through which you can do this. You can choose to backup your WhatsApp data alone by using the first method, or you can do it through the backup of your device. Backing up your whole device is essential if you usually save important docs on your phone.
So you now know how to backup your iPhone WhatsApp data to your iCloud account. If this article had been helpful to you, you would be glad to see that we have more on the iCloud subject on our website.