Buying bitcoins in Ghana has never been easy. At first, people will have to find a website that buys and sells cryptos and then buy in dollars.
But not anymore now. Some exchanges have made it easy for us to buy bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies with mobile money without exchanging them for any foreign currency first.
Bitcoin is known to be the currency that will replace fiat currency due to its unique features like security; the people are controlling the money compared to the fiat currencies, which the central government governs.
As we all know, Bitcoin is the future currency, and I hope you already know that.
Or you don’t know? Well, if you don’t know, then we have a detailed article about what bitcoin is and everything you need to know about bitcoin.
In this article, I will take you through how to buy bitcoins in Ghana. As the title suggests, this article is the definitive guide, meaning you will find everything you want to know when it comes to buying bitcoin and owning a bitcoin in Ghana, so without wasting much time, let us get started.
Some websites buy and sell cryptocurrencies to you, and I will take you through that.
Many exchanges and websites have also come to realize how people find it challenging to buy and sell bitcoins, and because of that, they launched peer-to-peer (P2P) exchanges.
This allows people to buy bitcoin directly from other people selling these coins. You have to sign up on these websites, go through people that are selling, negotiate, and then pay through escrow.
In this article, I am going to take you through five top websites that allow you to buy and sell bitcoins and other related cryptocurrencies, and they are:
Table of Contents
Top Sites To Buy Bitcoins In Ghana
Bitcoins have been in the system for quite a long time. They are one of the best websites to buy and sell cryptocurrencies in Ghana. Ebitcoinics allows you to buy and sell cryptocurrencies with your mobile money, bank transfer, or other payment methods,
In addition, you can store them on their virtual wallet and swap your coins or send them to your wallets.
How To Buy Bitcoins In Ghana And Pay With Mobile Money On Ebitcoinics.com
- Visit ebitcoinics.com and click on Signup.
- Type in your Email and verify.
- Type in your phone number and then confirm the OTP code that will be sent to you
- Now type in your personal information such as your full name, username, gender and password, and then hit on Register.
- Select Buy Bitcoins and then select your country.
- Select the cryptocurrency you want to buy and choose Mobile money as your payment method (since this article is focused on teaching you how to buy cryptos with mobile money).
- Enter the amount you need in $ and your Bitcoin Address. The website will calculate the amount you will pay in Ghana Cedis and the network fee.
- Go to payment details and select the mobile money account you want to play with, either MTN Mobile money, Airtel Tigo, or Vodafone Cash. You will be given a number to send to, and when you are done, you head over to the ‘Notify us about payment’ tab and then select the network you sent from, your transaction ID, amount sent, and date sent.
Now relax, and within minutes, you will receive your Bitcoins at your Bitcoin address.
Image Steps Taking You Through How To Buy Bitcoins And Crypto Currencies On Ebitcoinics
Payplux has been in the system for over ten years; it’s primary mission is to make buying and selling cryptos for people in Ghana and beyond a straightforward thing to do.
Their website boasts 85,000 customers served, 1.2 million orders processed, and $8.5 million-plus currencies exchanged.
How To Buy Bitcoins In Ghana And Pay With Mobile Money On Payplux
- Visit payplux.com and hit on getting Started.
- Type in your details such as Full name, Email Password, and country, and confirm your mail.
- Set up 2FA with your phone number and confirm the OTP Code sent to you, and make sure to verify your ID before you can be allowed to buy and sell on the platform.
- Now go through the available sellers and negotiate with the one you want to buy from.
Please note that without verifications, you can not trade on Payplux.
How To Verify Your Payplux Account To Enable Buy And Sell
- You will have to provide a valid ID (New Voter ID, Ghana Card, Passport, or Driver’s Licence).
- Write Payplux, the date you submit these details, and sign on the paper.
- Let someone take a picture of you holding the sheet with your ID Card.
- Now send this picture to Payplux Support Whatsapp Number on +23305270075.
Image Steps Taking You Through How To Buy Bitcoins And Crypto Currencies On Payplux
Paxful is a peer-to-peer website that makes people find it easy to buy and sell cryptocurrencies at ease. Paxful serves as the escrow agent.
Aside from helping people around Africa and the world buy and sell quickly, Paxful also has a mission to use the money they get in these services to benefit society.
And their goal is to buy water facilities and entrepreneurial incubators and build 100 schools, all created with Bitcoin.
How To Buy Bitcoins In Ghana And Pay With Mobile Money On Paxful
- Visit the Paxful website on the top right and click on Get Started > Create Account.
- Type in your EmailEmail and password and click on Create Paxful Account. A confirmation code will be sent to you. Confirm it from your mail.
- Now type in your phone number and verify it by typing in the OPT verification code sent to you.
- On your dashboard, click on Buy Bitcoin.
- Paxful will show all the available users selling their Bitcoins. On your left side, you can then choose the Payment Method (MTN Mobile Money, Vodafone Cash, or Airtel Tigo) amount you want to buy (choose GHS if you are buying from Ghana).
- Go through the available sellers and choose the one you want to buy from.
- Paxful will open a chat between you and the seller. You can chat with the seller, ask any questions like their mobile number after he gives you and send the agreed amount.
You will need to click on the Paid Button to prompt Paxful that you have sent the money to the seller.
When the seller confirms it, they will also send you your Bitcoins, and when you also receive it and confirm it, Paxful will release the money to the seller.
Image Steps Taking You Through How To Buy Bitcoins And Crypto Currencies On Paxful
Things To Note When Looking For A Seller On Paxful
- Types Of Verifications Completed By The Seller- Since this is a peer to peer platform and you are buying from someone with an escrow, you will first have to look if the seller has verified him or herself.
- Feedback- Also, check the input. Anytime someone purchases a coin, these users are asked to type what they felt when buying from the seller. A good green should tell you that the seller is legit.
- Speed – Paxful has a tab to show you the minutes it takes to transact with that seller. The shorter, the better, as you don’t want to make payment and wait for more than 3 hours for the seller to reply to you.
Binance is the world’s leading cryptocurrency exchange with around 2 billion daily volumes and 1.4 million transactions per second.
The website is considered one of the best secured and most trusted cryptocurrency exchanges at the moment.
Binance started as an exchange, and when it became this popular, it decided to dive into P2P so that people would find it easy to buy and own cryptos on their exchanges.
How To Buy Bitcoins In Ghana And Pay With Mobile Money On Binance
- On your phone, download the Binance app and create an account and sign in to your Binance Account. If you don’t have a Binance account, here is an article on creating a Binance account.
- Click on ‘Buy With Cash’ and then select P2P on your app dashboard. You will be taken to the P2P trading page to continue from there.
- Click on ‘Cash Settings’> ‘Cash Payment’ and then choose Mobile Money on the top right.
- From there, go to the homepage again and select ‘Buy Witch cash’, and select P2P again.
- Click on the ‘Buy’ tab and choose your preferred amount and who you want to buy from.
- Select Mobile money as your payment method and then confirm to process the transaction.
Ruminato is a P2P service that allows users to buy and sell cryptocurrencies directly from other users.
They have a simple and easy-to-use UI with 24/7 customer support.
Their service operates in different countries including Nigeria, Ghana, Malaysia, Vietnam, China, Australia, and many more.
How To Buy Bitcoins In Ghana And Pay With Mobile Money On Reminato
- Visit remitano.com and click on Login/register.
- Now sign up with either your Google account, Facebook, or Email. In this tutorial, we will be signing up with our Email—type in your mail, username, and password.
- On your dashboard, you will see people selling their Bitcoins, their rates and names, and the payment methods that they accept. Go through the one you want to buy and click on Buy.
- In the buy window, type in the number of Bitcoins you want to buy from the user and then select Reminato Wallet and click on Buy and confirm your number before you can have a conversation with the seller. (after buying, we will go over how to send the coins to your Bitcoin address if you don’t want to keep it there).
- You will have 15 minutes to pay the money to the seller’s mobile money account, and after that, click on ‘I Have Paid’ for the seller to send you your Bitcoins.
Image Steps Taking You Through How To Buy Bitcoins And Crypto Currencies On Reminato
Things to Note When Buying From Reminato
- You will have to click on ‘I have paid for Reminato to send you your Bitcoins.
- You have 15 minutes to make payment when you open a Buy window.
- Your money is safe as the website serves as the escrow agent.
Buying Bitcoins with mobile money was not easy to do some years back, but now everything has become easy.
In this article, we went through the top websites to purchase bitcoins and payback with mobile money without the need to exchange your currency for Dollars or any foreign currency, you will first need a Bitcoin account, read this article to also know how to create a Bitcoin or any cryptocurrency account.
Also, there are ways to earn free bitcoins if you don’t have money for investment, read this article to know how to earn free bitcoins.
However, we will caution our readers to know what they are doing when it comes to trading cryptocurrencies because crypto trading is an investment. If you don’t know how to invest, you lose money, like if you know what you are doing. You become wealthy through that same investment.
If you have any questions about cryptocurrencies, drop them in the comments sections below. If you have something related to cryptocurrencies that you want me to cover as an article, decline them, and I will do that within two days.