Google Chrome is undeniably one of the most popular browsers available for various platforms, including Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, and iOS.
Despite its widespread use, some features found in its competitors, such as the Microsoft Edge browser, are notably absent.
Microsoft Edge, being Microsoft’s latest browser, introduces features not present in Google Chrome. One such feature is the built-in PDF reader, allowing users to not only view PDF files but also make modifications directly within the browser.
In today’s article, I’ll guide you through the process of using the Microsoft Edge browser to add text to a PDF file.
The advantage here is that you won’t need to download any third-party apps to modify PDF files if you have the Microsoft Edge browser on your machine.
In the past, users often relied on third-party applications for tasks like signing PDF files. With the Microsoft Edge browser, this is no longer necessary.
Whether you need to sign contract PDF files or make other modifications, the steps provided in this article will make the process straightforward.
Follow along, and you’ll be able to utilize the built-in PDF editing capabilities of the Microsoft Edge browser without the need for additional third-party apps.
How To Add Text To Pdf File On Microsoft Edge
Just follow the steps shown here carefully and you would be able to add text to any pdf file on Microsoft edge.
- Locate the pdf file that you want to modify and right-click on it
- Choose ‘open with’ and select the Microsoft Edge browser or you can simply drag the pdf file and drop it in the browser
- Now, on the edge editor, locate and click on ‘add text’
- There will be a floating textbox with three options which are text color, text spacing, and text size
- Click on the part where you want to add your text and start typing
- Click on the ‘text color’ option to change the color of your text
- Use the ‘text size’ option to adjust the size of the text
- There is also the ability to for text spacing by using the ‘text spacing’ option
- After you are done with the editing, just click on ‘save’. This can be located on the top right corner of the. The pdf file will then be saved with the new modification you just made.
And that is how you modify a pdf file with the new Microsoft Edge browser. This is a feature that cannot be found in the Google Chrome browser.
So if you are someone who deals with PDF files a lot, then maybe your browser of choice should be the new Microsoft Edge browser.
So this article was about using the new Microsoft Edge browser to open and make modifications to PDF files. Note that this feature is available on the Microsoft Edge Dev and Canary builds.
I hope this article has been helpful to you today. Please prove it by visiting the site for tech articles and make sure to leave some comments so that I can know the kind of tech knowledge you are seeking.