Since windows 11 came out, it has been making some waves among the tech community. The new OS came with a lot of amazing features and visual changes and it is available to users who are part of the windows insider program.
If you are part of this windows insider program then you are probably running Windows 11 on your computer already and you may be facing some issues and bugs with the OS.
If you facing any problems, bugs, or glitches, it may be helpful to start the OS all afresh. I mean taking the operating system back to factory settings. This could help solve the problem you are facing and reduce the bugs.
So in today’s article, I will be showing you how you can reset your windows 11 operating system back to default settings. Follow the steps below and you will be able to get that done easily. As you already know, our tutorials are always easy to follow and understand.
How To Set Windows 11 Back To Default Settings
Before resetting the OS back to default settings, there are some things that you will need to do first. These are listed below. Just follow the steps.
- Click on the windows start button and go to settings
- After opening the settings page, locate and click on the ‘windows update’ option
- Now, look at the right pane and click on ‘advanced options
- Scroll down until you reach the ‘recovery’ option and click on it
- Now, click on ‘reset PC’
- You will have to choose to either keep your files or have everything cleaned from the computer. Choose the option that prefers
- You will then have to choose how windows will be re-installed after the resetting. Choosing cloud download will cause a fresh copy to be downloaded while choosing ‘local reinstall’ will have the computer reset locally. I recommend choosing the first option
- Now, click on ‘reset’ and you are done
The reset will then begin and depending on the options you chose, should take about 30 minutes to 60minutes. You will have a computer that has been reset back to its factory settings a chance for you to start all over again.
If this article has been helpful, then please make sure to revisit the site for more tech articles. Make sure to comment and like as well so that you know if how helpful the articles are to you and your friends.