If you find yourself in the unfortunate situation of having accidentally deleted important files, worry not.
This article aims to guide you through the process of recovering permanently deleted files from your computer.
It is not uncommon to delete unwanted files as a routine maintenance practice or to free up storage space.
However, the real challenge arises when crucial files are unintentionally deleted, and their absence is only realized when a search proves futile.
In such instances, where no backup exists, there are viable methods to recover accidentally deleted files. One such effective tool is the ‘EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard’ software.
This article will delve into the step-by-step process of using this software and explore alternative methods for file recovery.
By following the outlined procedures, you can increase the likelihood of retrieving your important files and mitigating the potential impact of accidental deletions.
Table of Contents
Here Are Some Of The Ways Through Which You Can Recover PermanentlyDeleted Files
One of the easiest ways to retrieve your deleted files is to look in the recycle bin. If you are the kind of person who hardly empties the recycle bin, then there is a good chance that the accidentally deleted files are in there. All you have to do is
- Open the recycle bin and look through for the files you want
- After you find it, right-click on it and then click on ‘restore.’
- doing this will restore the deleted file to where it was deleted from
However, if you are like me, who regularly cleans out the recycling bin, you may not find the files there if the files were not deleted recently.
In this case, you will need to retrieve the files with the help of third-party software. We will be using the ‘EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard software.
This recovery software was created with some advanced algorithm technology, although it is still straightforward to use.
It has been relevant in the technology market for more than due to its efficiency in recovering lost data. Follow the steps below to see how you can use the software to recover your data.
- First of all, you will have to download the software. It is available for both Windows and Mac operating systems. You can download it by searching the name of the software on Google with ‘download’ added to it. After downloading, install the app.
- After installing and opening the app, you will have to choose the source you want to retrieve the files. It could be an external storage device or the hard drive of your computer. After selecting the location where the files were deleted, click on the scan ‘button.’
- Now, wait for the scanning process to complete. After it has finished scanning, you can then look through all the files it found and then choose the ones you need.
- After choosing the files you need, click on the ‘recover’ button, allowing you to save the selected files to another location. Now click on ‘ok.’
Note: you should make sure not to save the recovered data back to the location where you initially them. It is advisable to keep them on a different drive. You will overwrite the files if you recover and save them directly to the location you accidentally deleted them from.
Restoring Data From The Previous Version
You can also recover the deleted data by using the free ‘backup and restore feature in Windows. You can use this if the deleted file is not in the recycle bin and you do not want to use third-party software.
- Click on ‘start’ and then go to the folder where the deleted files had been.
- Now, right-click on the folder and then click on ‘restore the previous version.’
- A list of available previous versions of the deleted files will be shown to you, along with their times and dates. You then choose the understanding that you want and then click on ‘restore’ to get the files back.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
- Navigate to the folder where the deleted files were kept
- Now click on the ‘history’ button.
- Windows will show you the most recent history of the folder to you
- Select the one that you need and click on ‘restore.’
So in this article, we went through how to Recover Permanently Deleted Files From a Computer. However, it is advisable to always look through your recycling bin before you completely clean out each time since you could have accidentally deleted a file.
You can avoid having to go back and look for them. However, if you have already deleted them, you can always refer to this article to help you get the files back, you can also click here to learn how to remove pre-installed apps on your Windows 10.