The mobile money industry has rapidly expanded its presence across Africa, and Ghana is no exception.
In Ghana, nearly all telecommunications companies have introduced mobile money services, allowing customers to register for these services and use them for various financial transactions.
In a previous article, we provided our readers with detailed information on the registration process for AirtelTigo Money, as well as instructions on how to send and receive money using the service.
And since that was for AirtelTigo users only, we made sure not to leave MTN users out of it.
We will be taking you through the various ways through which you can register and be able to use the MTN mobile money platform.
Table of Contents
Registering MTN Mobile Money Online
- To register for MTN mobile money online, follow the steps below.
- Go to the MTN mobile money website on your browser
- Look for ‘register’ and click on it
- You will be required to enter an auto captcha that will be displayed below your username
- Now type in the password that will be sent to your mobile phone by the network
- Form a password that you can easily remember and type it
- Type the password again to confirm it
- Now click on ‘Continue’
- Now dial *126*1# to enable your phone to access MTN web money
- You are now finally done.
How To Register MTN Mobile Money Using The App
You can also use the MTN app to register for the mobile money service. This app allows you to do almost anything or access any service that is available on the MTN network.
Below are the steps to use in registering on the MTN app:
- Download the app from your app store and install it on your smartphone
- Provide your name as it appears on your identification card
- Provide your gender
- Select the nation in which you reside, which will be Ghana in this instance.
- Now fill in your date of birth
- Provide your contact details as well
- You will now need to provide your mobile number
- And then your address number 1, Address number 2, Address number 3
- Now provide your city of residence
- And then input your postcode
Registering Your MTN Mobile Money Through Agent
You can also register for the service by visiting any authorized MTN mobile money agent in the country.
This is certainly the easiest way to register for the service compared to the other two mentioned above.
To register for the service through an agent, one will need to go along with a valid national identification card like either a voter card or a driver’s license. The agent will then ask you a simple few questions to perform the registration.
Once you finish your registration, you will need to know how to manage your MTN mobile money wallet. To open the mobile money service menu, dial *170#.
From the list that appears, you will be able to check your balance as well as send money to people, buy airtime, request loans, and make various payments.
All you have to do is select the option that suits the service you require at that moment and follow the prompts:
- To check your balance, dial *170#
- Choose ‘check balance’
- Enter 4-digit pin
- When trying to make a withdrawal, you will have to visit a enjoy the service.
The mobile money advancement in Ghana has aided a lot of people to easily send and receive money.