A new feature was introduced by Google a few months ago on the chrome browser. The new feature is known as ‘web feed’.
The feature was only available to some selected users in the USA alone. However, it is now available to all users of the chrome browser.
Table of Contents
What Is The Web Feed?
Web feed is a new feature by google that allows users to subscribe to websites so that they will be able to get content from that website.
It also has a follow button. The feature is now available on the latest chrome version on android.
Once you start following a website, you will be able to see the contents of that website on chrome’s tab page. Although the feature is still undergoing some tests, you can still try it out.
In today’s article, I will be showing you how you can activate this new chrome feature on your android mobile.
How To Enable The ‘Web Feed’ Feature
You can enable the web feed feature by following the steps below.
- Before we get started, you have to make sure that you have the newest version of google installed on your mobile. If you do not have it, then head straight to the play store app and download the newest version of google chrome.
- After installing the new version, open it in the URL bar ‘chrome://flags’
- Now type in ‘wen feed’ on the chrome experiments page and press the enter button
- Look for the web page flag and choose ‘enabled’ from the menu that drops down
- After that, click on the ‘relaunch’ button so that browser can restart
- Now visit the website you would like to follow and tap on the three dots located in the upper right corner of the screen
- Scroll down to the bottom of the menu and tap on ‘follow’
- Now go to the google chrome tab and choose the ‘following’ tab. You will see a list of articles on the websites that you are following
And you are done. That is how you can get the web feed feature working on your android device easily.
So go ahead and enjoy following your favourite websites and reading all their articles without having to visit them all the time before you can see new articles.
You can also check our other google chrome guides such as how to enable the dark mode theme on google chrome and how to remove the reading list from your google chrome.
After you are done following this tutorial and the web feed feature is working, make sure to follow this website that is the least you can do for us, right?