Have you been thinking about deleting your telegram account because you have had enough of the messaging app?
If you have been thinking that way but do not know how to go about it, then this article is for you. in this article, you will learn the way to delete your telegram permanently from either your android or IOS. The steps laid out in this article are quite simple to follow.
The Telegram app cannot be deleted from your android or IOS smartphone. You will need to use a browser to carry out this function.
That is the only way you can either deactivate your telegram account or delete it permanently. Before you delete your account with the steps below, however, you should know that you will not be able to get back all your chats should you decide to reinstall the app again.
So if you intend to install the app at a later date to continue where you left off, you should make a backup of your chats locally and keep it somewhere.
How To Delete Your Telegram Account
Below are the steps through which you can delete your telegram account.
- You will have to visit the telegram deactivation page on the net. Here is the link to use. https://my.telegram.org/auth?to=deactivate
- Enter the phone number you used in registering for an account on telegram. The number will start with the country code, which is +233 for Ghana
- Now, input the confirmation code that will be sent to your telegram account
- Now, click on ‘deactivate account’
- Confirm your decision by clicking on ‘yes, delete my account
Your telegram account will now be deleted permanently and you are done.
So that is how you can delete your telegram account. As you can see, it is quite an easy thing to do.
Remember that you cannot use Telegram itself to do this unless you do to the deactivation page online.
Also, make sure to make a local backup of your chats if you intend to install the app at a later date before you go ahead with the deactivation process.