A lot of people are already using the Windows 11 operating system on their machines and some of these may be sound engineers and musicians or people who do podcasts and things similar.
So in today’s article, we are going to look at how you can test a microphone on your Windows 11 machine. Testing it will let you know if the microphone works or not and whether it is too loud or not. So if you have your microphone, then kindly get it ready for our little test.
How To Test The Microphone On Windows 11
First of all, you will need to make sure that you have connected the microphone to your computer via either Bluetooth or through a USB cable. After making sure of that, you can now follow the steps below.
- Right-click on the speaker icon in the taskbar
- Choose ‘sound settings’
- Scroll down and then locate ‘input’
- Now, click on the arrow icon that is next to the microphone that you are looking to run the test on
- Scroll down and locate ‘properties’ and then screen for the microphone you have chosen and look out for ‘test your microphone’
- Now, click on ‘start test’ and put your speaker to normal volume
If you do not notice any moving blue line left and right, then you will have to check for the operation of the microphone.
It will be shown in the percentage output of the total volume that was identified by windows. The volume should be at 75% when you speak normally.
In case you did not see any activity of the microphone while you were testing it, try disconnecting and then reconnect again. Restart the computer if it still does not work. if all these do not work, then you would probably need to download microphone drivers for your machine and then try again.
You can also check out how to add the Pen menu on your Windows 11 computer.