It cannot be very pleasing to find out all of a sudden that someone else has been able to gain access to your Facebook account without you knowing anything about it.
Facebook is known to have a lot of information about its users.
From the things Facebook users like to the things they hate, Mark Zuckerberg and his team of engineers know everything.
They even probably see the person whom you have a crush on and even the school you attended.
People who also have a strong desire to post almost everything they do on social media be it Facebook videos and posts also indirectly give more information to Facebook.
Adverse Effects Of Unauthorized Access To Your Facebook Account
When people gain access to your Facebook account without your knowledge, then it is clear that they have some malicious intentions that they are looking to achieve.
Some of these are:
Stealing Of Private Information
For people who are always online on Facebook, there is always a good chance that you have some information on your Facebook account that you would not want to share with anyone. It could be your religion, political views, or even your beliefs.
When these malicious people can access your account, they would be able to sell this information to whoever would want to buy.
Cyberbullying is a real threat that exists, and it keeps getting bigger and bigger. Some social media apps have even been under heavy fire from school teachers due to the creator’s inability to protect the people who use their app.
Many people can sign up for Facebook once they are 12 years old, which means that there are a lot of young people on Facebook. This also means that Facebook is a perfect place for cyberbullying to occur.
How To Detect If Someone Has Accessed Your Account
You can use a way to see if a Facebook account has been accessed or hacked by someone else.
One way to verify this is using the same Facebook, but most people are not aware of its existence since Facebook itself does not talk about it. Here is how to use that method.
- Log into your Facebook account and then click on the arrow located in the upper right corner of the title bar.
- You will see settings there. Click on it
- Go to ‘security and login.’ You can find this on the left-hand side It will then take you to a newly designed security page to get features that will help you prevent people from accessing your account. We will be focusing on the ‘Where you are logged in’ section for now. After clicking on it, you will see all of the devices permitted to access your account.
- Click on ‘see more’ to be able to see the rest of them.
You will see that there are some devices there that certainly do not belong there.
Remove Unrecognised Device
Once you see that a device looks suspicious, you will need to cancel its access to your account. To do that, you will need to:
- Tap on the three vertical dots which are next to the device that you want to remove.
- In the menu that pops up, select ‘Not you’ or ‘Log out.’
- Once you click on ‘Not you,’ that Facebook will block the device. You will then be shown some steps by Facebook on how to keep your account secure.
If you, however, click on ‘log out,’ Facebook will revoke access to that device.
However, that device or person will be able to log back into your account if they astill have access to your password.
So we recommend that you choose ‘Not you.’
You can start all over again by scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on ‘Log out all sessions’
After blocking out the unauthorized person, you now need to keep your account safe.
How To Keep Your Facebook Account Safe
- Go to settings
- Security and login
- Change password
- Enter a new password because there could be a possibility that the person who was accessing your account knew your password.
As Facebook keeps on making the platform a better place for us all, hackers too are finding ways to gain access to peoples accounts for their illegal activities.
With this, you can quickly know when someone has accessed your Facebook account and how to protect yourself from these Facebook hacks.