AirtelTigo Ghana is one of the biggest telecommunication networks in Ghana at the moment.
The company has introduced a lot of services that have made it much easier for its customers to use the network.
One of the services that allow AirtelTigo customers to share airtime with their friends and loved ones and that service is known as ‘Me2U’.
One of the good things about this service is that customers can access it anytime they want.
It does not matter whether it is in the day or the night. They will be able to send airtime to their friends and loved ones.
Customers can send any amount of airtime they like to their friends, family and loved ones as long as the airtime being transferred does not exceed GHC10.00.
That is the limit to the amount that can be transferred on a given day. There are set procedures to follow if you want to send airtime from your account to a loved one.
Table of Contents
Here Is How To Send Airtime To Family, Friends, And Loved Ones On AirtelTigo Using Their App
- Open the AirtelTigo menu on your mobile device and the select Me2U
- Select ‘send airtime’
- Enter the amount of airtime that you wish to send to the person
- Now enter the number of the recipient. You can choose the number of the recipient from your contact list
- Now you will have to confirm the transaction by entering your password
- Press send
- A notification message will be sent to you confirming the transfer of the airtime. The recipient of the airtime will also receive a notification message.
How To Change Your AirtelTigo Me2U Password
In case you may want to change the password on your Me2U service, there is an easy way to go about that.
- Open the AirtelTigo money again and select the Me2U option.
- Select ‘change password’
- Enter the current password you using
- Now enter the new password
- Now confirm the new password that you have input
- Now press send
Some rules governing the Me2U service by AirtelTigo that all customers who wish to use the service need to be familiar with.
Below are the rules that you need to be familiar with before you can start using the AirtelTigo Me2U airtime-sharing service.
- You cannot transfer airtime from the AirtelTigo network to another number that is not on the AirtelTigo network.
- The airtime you are sending to someone cannot be more than the airtime available on your phone.
- You can send any amount of airtime to people, ranging from 20p airtime to GHC10.00.
- The highest that can be transferred is GHC10.00.
- And the lowest that can be transferred to others is 0.20p.
- GHC10.00 is also the maximum amount of airtime that can be transferred in a day.
- It is expected to change the default password on the service from 1234 to any other password that you can easily remember. It must be a4 digit password.
- There are no charges for changing the 4-digit PIN or any inquiry SMSs. Transactions that fail will also not be charged.
- Once airtime has been transferred to someone, it cannot be reversed. So please be sure that you want to send the airtime to that particular person before you go ahead and do so.
- The airtime that is transferred is deducted from the account of the sender after the transaction has been completed.
- The charge for transferring airtime from your account to someone else is 0.4p for any transaction that gets completed.
Now you know how to be able to transfer airtime to your family, friends, and loved ones whenever they request it from you.
Remember, the person you are sending the airtime to must be a subscriber of the AirtelTigo network.
And you cannot reverse a transaction once it is completed. And always made sure to do more than the amount you intend to send out to people.
The transaction will not go through if the amount that is being sent is higher than the amount that is in your account.
Thank you for taking the time to go through this article. Start to send airtime now.