As we all know, the registration exercise for the Ghana card was held in the country in 2019, and the Ghana National Identification Authority issued it.
However, there are still people that did not get their Ghana cards. Some of these people could not register while others registered, but their cards were never delivered to them, others too have misplaced theirs.
However, because of the importance of the Ghana card, every citizen must get their hands on it.
For those who did not get their Ghana cards, you can visit their office at Shiashi in Accra or any NIA office near you to get registered.
Or you can get the Ghana card by registering for it online. You will need to meet some requirements before registering at their office or online.
These requirements are essential, and they were the reason why most people were not able to get registered the first time around.
If you are a Ghanaian by naturalization, birth, or registration and are currently inside the country, you will need to have a Ghana card.
Table of Contents
Documents Required To Register For The Ghana Card
Below are the documents you will need when registering for the Ghana card.
- Your name and date of birth, as well as residential address and digital address code
- Your parents, partner, and information of your next of kin
- Information about your parents, including their names, their address, dates, and places of birth
- Biometrics will include your fingerprint, iris, and a photograph. This data will be taken at the registration centre.
- You will also submit primary verification documents like a birth certificate, a valid password, and a certificate of acquired citizenship or naturalisation certificate. That is if you are not a citizen by birth.
After you have gathered all of these documents, you can then register for the Ghana card.
If you cannot go to the NIA office in Accra or wherever you find yourself, you can register through their online portal.
In this article, we will be showing you how you can register for the Ghana card online. You can now register for the Ghana card right from the comfort of your home.
Follow The Steps Below To Get Your Online Ghana Card Registration Done
- Visit the official site of the NIA through this link https://register.nia.gov.gh/register
- After the site loads, click on ‘start new registration’ you will be taken to the page where you will register.
- You will see an automatic registration ID generated on that page. Please write it down because you will be using it later.
- Input a password you like in the password box and then confirm it.
- Now, click on ‘start registration.’
- There will be a form that you will have to fill out.
- Enter the name you want to use and click on ‘yes.’
- You will then meet questions dealing with your nationality. Answer them all accordingly
- Now you will prove your proof of nationality. This will be either your birth cert or a national passport.
- You will then be asked to choose your means of identification. Choose between NHIS card, driver’s licence, SSNIT card, TIN, or national ID.
- Now click on ‘save and continue.’
- The next page will require you to fill in your marital status, hair colour, gender, and education. Click on ‘save and continue’ after you are done answering them.
- Input accurate details of your date of birth, hometown, work, and place of birth
- You will then be taken to the declaration. Accept the statement by clicking on ‘yes.’
- After all, is done, you will be sent an email that will confirm your Ghana card application. You will have an option to download the email contents. It would help if you did this.
- You can then visit any NIA office in your area and collect your Ghana card with a printed form of the application sent to your email.
In case you go to the NIA office, they may ask you to download and fill out a form and then submit it to the head office of the NIA or at [email protected]
You can locate that format www.nia.gov.gh
Now you don’t have to worry if you could not register for your Ghana card when they launched the registration. It is now easy to apply for one online, and in this article, we went through how to register for your Ghana card in Ghana.
The registration process is free, and you do not need to pay anything to anybody. You should register for the card while it is free now because it could get expensive in a few years.