This article will take you through how to use WhatsApp even without your phone number. There might be many reasons why someone might want to use another WhatsApp number.
Maybe you are someone like me who likes to boast to friends by using a foreign number to chat, or perhaps you want to use an international number to receive a global message.
We all have our reasons, and at the end of this article, you will have many options to choose from when it comes to using WhatsApp without your phone number.
Whatsapp is by far the most popular messaging app globally, with millions of users all over the world.
If you are a frequent visitor of this site, we will see an article that talks about how you can use the Telegram messaging app without your phone number.
This is because some people may not want to sign up with their phone numbers. After all, they take privacy way too seriously.
This could also be because the person uses an e-sim phone like some of the newest Apple iPhone models. This will mean that they will not sign up with a phone number.
So today, we are looking at how you can use your WhatsApp without using your phone number to open the account.
Before we start, you must ensure that you have already installed WhatsApp but have not verified yet.
If it is verified, you will have to delete the app and reinstall it again or clear its data. Now, let us look at how you can use WhatsApp without your mobile phone number.
Table of Contents
If you have read the Telegram article, you would be familiar with using this method. For those who have not, here we go.
- First, download the TextNow app onto your mobile device and install it. You can get it from either Google Play, Windows, or the Apple app store.
- After installing it, open the app and get your desired number by choosing the country between the USA and Canada. If you forget to note down the number you chose, you can get it back by tapping on the three-dotted line, which can be located at the top left corner of the screen. It would help if you went to the People tab on windows phone, and your number will be shown there.
- Now go to your WhatsApp and verify the number you got from the TextNow app by inputting it when WhatsApp asks for your number. After that, you will wait for the verification code from WhatsApp.
- When the code comes, it will be in the TextNow app. So you will go there and get the verification code and input it in WhatsApp. If the code is not there, wait a bit for WhatsApp to call you with the code.
- After that, finish the process by uploading a profile photo and your name, and you are done.
Using A Landline Telephone
If you do not want to use the TextNow app and have a landline telephone around, you can use it to sign up for WhatsApp without your phone number. Please follow the steps below to use this method.
- Open your WhatsApp and then enter your landline number during the signup process.
- A verification code will need to be sent to the landline, but since the landline cannot receive text messages, you will have to wait for about two minutes for WhatsApp to call you with the verification code.
- After getting the verification code through the call, please enter it in your WhatsApp to complete the process.
- Once you are done with that, you upload your profile photo and enter your name, and you are done.
So these are how you can use WhatsApp without your phone number.
Whatsapp uses your phone number to help prevent spamming messages, so you cannot use the app without your phone number.
So in this article, we covered how to use WhatsApp with another number that does not belong to you.
I trust this article has been helpful. Please make sure to like and follow this site for more valuable articles.