In today’s article, we are going to look at how one can set up a proxy for Telegram on any android device. Since the popularity of Telegram has increased its usage, more and more features and additions keep getting added to it.
Before you can set up a proxy for Telegram, there are some requirements that you will have to meet before. Let us take a look at those requirements below.
Before setting a proxy for Telegram, here are the needed requirements to make that happen.
- A VPN account– the first thing you will need is a cactus VPN account. In case you do not have a VPN account, you will need to sign up for one right away. If you are already having one, then you are good to go provided you the other requirements on hand.
- Proxy username and password– You should have your proxy user name and password on hand. You will need to have your proxy server address as well. All these can be found in your VNPN account on the site of the VPN provider where you signed up. Just go to settings and you will find them there.
After you have made sure that you have all the requirements needed, it is now time to set up the proxy for your Telegram on the android device. To get that done, please follow the steps laid out below carefully.it is quite easy but following closely is always the best thing to do.
How To Set Up A Proxy For Telegram On Your Android Device
- Go to your Telegram and open the app
- Swipe right to get the menu and then choose ‘settings’
- Now, tap on data and storage
- Scroll down until you come to proxy settings. Tap on it
- Now, tap on ‘add proxy’
- Choose the proxy provider
- Now in the server filed, you will have to input the IP address of the proxy server that you are using
- In the port field, type in 1080
- Now, enter the VPN proxy username and the password and then tap on save to get the changes saved.
And you are done. You should make sure to enable ‘use proxy’ and ‘use proxy for calls’ before you exit the settings menu. I would recommend CactusVPN for you if you do not have any VPN in mind to use or if this is your first setting a proxy for your Telegram. We have an article covering the reason why you need a VPN.
So that is how you set up a proxy for your Telegram app on your android device. as you can see, it is quite easy to set up. Before you begin the process, you need to make sure that you have all the requirements in place.
So, now that you know how to set up a proxy for your Telegram, go ahead and give it a try.
For more Telegram tutorials, do you know it is possible to know if someone has saved your number using Telegram? yes, it is possible, read this article to know if someone has saved your number.
Also, we all sometimes don’t want people to know when we come online on Telegram, this article covers how to appear offline on Telegram. Wondering if it is possible to export Telegram chats? Yes, it is possible, click here to know how to export Telegram chats and media.