Have you ever searched for how to check who unfollowed you on Twitter? Well, we got you covered. This article will take you through three easy ways to know if someone has unfollowed you.
One of the steps will even let you know the number of people who have unfollowed you and the number of people you have unfollowed.
Twitter is growing at a fast pace, the app is currently one of the most used social media apps, and it is on its way to being the most used social media app on the planet, thanks to Elon Musk.
Oh, you don’t believe it? I believe you have heard Elon Musk is planning to buy Twitter for 45 billion dollars and is planning on making Twitter the most used social media platform on the planet.
We all know Elon Musk to be one of the successful billionaires due to how he does his work, and we believe he is also going to make Twitter follow suit.
That was, by the way, this article will focus on knowing who unfollowed you on Twitter.
Since Elon Musk currently owns Twitter, we should give a little introduction about him and those of you who don’t know the current owner of the app.
There are many reasons why one might want to check who unfollowed them on Twitter.
Twitter is a comprehensive platform where anybody can speak their opinion. The app then shows it to its followers, and the more people comment, retweet, or like, the more the tweet goes viral.
You might be an active Twitter user who has been sharing your opinion and then engaging in people’s tweets, and then one day, you checked your followers and noticed it decreasing.
You tend to ask yourself some questions like, what did I do? Did I offend anyone? Who are the followers that have decided to unfollow me?
And this is when this article comes in handy. Now you don’t have to ask yourself these questions anymore because we will solve all these questions in this article.
Twitter always notifies you when someone follows you, but the app doesn’t notify you when someone unfollows you.
We all agree to that because we don’t want to see a notification that will be telling us ‘someone has just unfollowed us.’ It would look weird.
The most known way of finding out if someone has unfollowed you is to search for that particular user and then visit their profile to see if that user has clicked on the unfollow button.
But it is possible to see people that have unfollowed you if you tend to have a lot of followers.
This tutorial is, of course, an easy one, but one thing is, you will have to give access to a third party to execute that work.
You don’t have to worry because these apps are known to be safe, but if you want to see the kind of third-party apps that you have given access to, then you can click here to know, and then remove them if you don’t want them to have access to your Twitter account again.
How To See Who Unfollowed You On Twitter
The steps we are going to cover do not only cover seeing people that have unfollowed you, but you can also get to see people following you and unfollowing you in the future.
Follow these steps to know who unfollowed you on Twitter.
- Visit whounfollowedme website and click on the orange box which is written Start Tracking Unfollowers
- The app will request you to allow it to operate. Read through to see the kind of permission the app needs, and if you are okay, you can click on the Authorize App to grant access.
- After granting the access, you will be taken to your dashboard. The dashboard is where you will see all the people that have unfollowed you. In addition, you will also see when you joined Twitter and the last time you tweeted.
With this app, you can not see people who unfollowed you before you gave them permission and to see people who unfollowed you long ago, you will need to follow the next step that I am about to show you.
- To know who unfollowed you ago, visit https://dossy.org/twitter/karma and click on Sign In With Twitter.
- Authorize the app by clicking on the Blue button written Authorize App
- You will then be taken back to the Twitter karma page. Click on the big blue button written Whack!
- Now relax for the app to display the results. Doing this can take a long time, depending on your followers. If it takes longer than 5 minutes, then you can reload it for it to start again.
- After it finishes loading, you will be able to see the people you follow and the ones that follow you back.
In addition, you will be able to see all the accounts that have unfollowed you on the app.
You will see a drop-down menu labeled “Show” this lets you filter between mutual friends and people that follow you.
The people who unfollowed you will all appear on the “only following” tab or filter.
And in this article, we covered how to check who unfollowed them on Twitter.
You can check out other related articles about Twitter such as how Twitter makes its revenue, how to hide likes on Twitter, and also how to recover deleted messages from Twitter if you want to know how to read people’s replies to tweets, here is how to do it.