It is no doubt, that MTN Ghana is the largest telecom company in Ghana due to the large number of subscribers they boast of compared to other telecom companies in the country.
This has also made its mobile money platform the largest platform in the country. MTN Ghana is the first company to introduce mobile money financial services into Ghana, which was then later followed by other telecom companies.
In today’s article, we will be taking a look at the MTN app to see how the app is operated and the things that it can be used for.
So do join us if you are curious to know what the app is all about.
Table of Contents
What Is The MTN App?
It is the official app of MTN Ghana that was developed by the company itself to make it easier for customers to perform some tasks related to their mobile money accounts easily without needing help from an agent or an MTN employee, it is also used to buy airtime and perform other MTN related tasks.
When one downloads the app, they are not required to dial any USSD codes before they can perform various tasks such as the transfer of money.
Customers can use the app to send money, buy airtime, check their mobile money account balance, transfer money to their bank accounts, and many other tasks.
The app allows customers to send money much faster than any other method.
Setting It Up
- First of all, you will need to download the app. The app is available for IOS and android users to download from their respective app stores.
- After downloading and installing it, you will then have to open the app and register your number the app by entering the number for it to be verified
- A code will then be sent so that your number can be verified as being the actual owner of the phone
- Once the verification is done, the registration is then complete
What Is The MTN App Used For?
The app can be used to do the following things:
- Checking airtime and data balance
- For various mobile money transactions like checking wallet balance, buying airtime, paying bills, transferring money, and bank services as well as momo pay.
- Buying tickets
- Activating eSIM
- Paying Bills
- Request Broadband
- Report MoMo fraud
How To Send Money Using MTN Mobile Money App
- Open the app and then tap on momo services
- Input your momo PIN
- Choose ‘transfer money’
- Choose ‘mobile user’
- Enter the number of the recipient, the amount as well as the reference
- Now click on Transfer
- You are finished
How To Buy Airtime Using MTN Money Money App
- Open the app and then click on ‘airtime’
- Enter the recipient number to receive the airtime
- Click on ‘buy’
The MTN app makes it much easier for MTN customers to perform numerous tasks easily. It also helps with the use of the MTN mobile money service by making it easier to send and receive money. Customers do not even need to dial any USSD before they can access what they want.
You can also read how to purchase apps on the Google play store using mobile money, how to protect your MTN Mobile money from fraudsters, how to unlock your blocked MTN mobile money account, and, MTN call packages ways to reverse MTN mobile money transactions.