Uploading files to Google Drive is a straightforward process. Once uploaded, these files become accessible across various electronic devices, including Android, iOS, Mac, or PC.
The convenience of accessing files is not contingent on location; rather, it relies on the availability of reliable internet services.
Table of Contents
What Is Google Drive?
Google Drive is a cloud-based storage service developed by Google Inc., offering users 15GB of complimentary storage upon the creation of a Gmail account.
If additional storage beyond the initial 15GB is required, users have the option to purchase more space from Google.
This versatile platform allows users to upload various file types, including photos, videos, text files, PDFs, and documents from the Microsoft Office suite.
The uploaded files can be accessed on different devices, regardless of the user’s location, as long as there is an internet connection.
Furthermore, Google Drive serves as a convenient solution for attaching large files to email messages. Instead of directly sending sizable attachments, users can upload files to Google Drive and share them as links in email messages.
Recipients can then easily download the files from Google Drive upon receiving the email.
How To Upload The Files To Google Drive
- Go to Google Drive on your computer and click on ‘go to drive’
- Type in your email address and log into your Google account
- Now, click on ‘+New’ after you have logged in
- Now, choose ‘file upload’ in the drop-down menu that will appear
- On the following screen, go to the file that you wish to upload and select and then click on ‘open’
- The file you selected will then be uploaded to Google Drive. You will then see it on Google Drive
You should take note that when the file is large, it will take some time before it gets uploaded to the drive so you will not see it there immediately. You will need to wait a while.
Uploading Multiple Files To Google Drive
If you want to upload a bunch of files together, you can do so instead of uploading each of them one by one.
Google Drive allows you to upload a folder with multiple files inside it. Please follow the steps below to upload a folder of files to Google Drive.
- On your computer, go to Google Drive and sign in to your Google account
- Now, click on ‘+New’ and then choose ‘folder upload’ inside the drop-down menu
- Now, go to ‘upload’ and choose the folder you wish to upload, and then click on ‘open’
- The folder that you chose will be uploaded to Google Drive. You will then be able to see it in Google Drive after it has finished uploading
Editing Files On Google Drive
Although Google Drive is a cloud-based storage service, it allows you to do more than just store files for safekeeping.
You can even use Google Drive as a workspace where you will be able to edit your files such as Microsoft Word and excel work files.
All these can be done on Google Drive. Please follow the short steps below on how to do that.
- In your Google Drive, right-click on the file that you want to edit
- Choose ‘open with’ and then select ‘Google Sheets’ from the menu that appears. You can also use Google Docs for this purpose if the file is a Microsoft Word file
- The file you chose will be opened in either Google Sheets or Google Docs depending on the type of file that it is. You will now be able to edit the files and then save it
With the information provided, you now know to effortlessly upload your files to Google Drive for secure storage.
Additionally, you are equipped with the skills to edit files that have been previously uploaded to Google Drive.
I trust that you found this article informative, and I encourage you to visit this site for more educational content.