One of the biggest telecommunication networks in Ghana at the moment is MTN Ghana.
Due to it being one of the biggest in the country, there are a lot of subscribers on the network in every part of the nation.
MTN Ghana has also rolled out a lot of services and goodies that make the usage of their network enjoyable to their subscribers.
There may be a time that you may feel like dashing some airtime to some people or a loved one.
However, you may be having a lot of airtime on your smartphone but no money in your MTN mobile money account.
And you may end up not sending the airtime to that special person because you think that the airtime can only be sent by using mobile money to purchase.
We are here to bring you the good news that airtime is not sent be sent by mobile money alone.
You can transfer airtime to someone else right from your airtime account. In this article, we will be taking you through the steps through which you can send airtime to people from your MTN airtime account.
MTN Ghana rolled out a service dubbed ‘Me2U’ that allows subscribers to send airtime right from their smartphones to whoever they want to send the airtime to.
To start using this amazing service from MTN Ghana, you will first have to register for the service. There are a few steps to go about the registration. And they are down here below.
How To Register For MTN M2U
- Dial *198#
- Select ‘1’
- Enter a 4 digit code as your password
- Re-enter the 4 digit code to confirm it
- You will then a message telling you that the registration has been successful.
Now that you have registered for the Me2U service, you will be able to send airtime to anyone to whom you want to send it.
Below are the steps which can be used when you want to send airtime to your family, loved ones, or friends.
How To Send MTN Airtime To Another MTN User
- Dial *198#
- Choose 2
- Enter the number of the person you are sending the airtime to and then press enter
- Enter the amount that you want to send to the person. This amount must be entered in whole. For example, if you want to send 20.50 cedi worth of airtime to the person, you are required to enter only 20.
- You will now need to enter the decimal value of the amount you are sending. You should write the decimal without adding the dot. This is because adding the dot will cause the network to give you notice of error. So the decimal value should be written alone. For example, 50.
- Now enter the 4-digit passcode you entered when you were registering for the Me2U service.
- Select the ‘1’ option to confirm the airtime transaction.
- You will then receive a message to alert you that the airtime has been sent to the number successfully.
So this was about the ways through which you can send airtime from your smartphone to another person without the use of mobile money.
You must note that the transaction can be possible only between MTN numbers. This means that you cannot send airtime from your MTN number to another number that is not on the MTN network.
All airtime transactions that you make must be from an MTN number to another MTN number.
The Me2U service cannot be used to send data bundles to another number. It is strictly for the use of sharing airtime only.
So that was all that you needed to know about the MTN airtime sharing service which is known as the Me2U service.
We hope you will now be able to share airtime between you and your friends now that you know how to share airtime from your account.
Start sharing that airtime now. For more MTN-related articles, you can check out:
- MTN shortcodes
- Meaning of reference when sending mobile money
- How to unblock your MTN mobile money account
- MTN midnight bundle packages