MTN Ghana is one of the largest telecommunication networks in the country, with subscribers across the nation.
They offer various services and benefits to make the user experience enjoyable. If you have excess airtime on your smartphone but no funds in your MTN mobile money account, you might think you can’t send airtime.
However, the good news is that you can transfer airtime directly from your airtime account.
MTN Ghana provides a service called ‘Me2U,’ allowing subscribers to share airtime easily. To begin using this service, you need to register, and the steps for registration are outlined below.
Table of Contents
How To Register For MTN M2U
- Dial *198#
- Select ‘1’
- Enter a 4-digit code as your password
- Re-enter the 4 digit code to confirm it
- You will then a message telling you that the registration has been successful.
Now that you have registered for the Me2U service, you will be able to send airtime to anyone to whom you want to send it.
Below are the steps that can be used when you want to send airtime to your family, loved ones, or friends.
How To Send MTN Airtime To Another MTN User
- Dial *198#
- Choose 2
- Enter the number of the person you are sending the airtime to and then press enter
- Enter the amount that you want to send to the person. This amount must be entered in whole. For example, if you want to send 20.50 cedi worth of airtime to the person, you are required to enter only 20.
- You will now need to enter the decimal value of the amount you are sending. You should write the decimal without adding the dot. This is because adding the dot will cause the network to give you notice of an error. So the decimal value should be written alone. For example, 50.
- Now enter the 4-digit passcode you entered when you were registering for the Me2U service.
- Select the ‘1’ option to confirm the airtime transaction.
- You will then receive a message to alert you that the airtime has been sent to the number successfully.
This article covers the process of sending airtime from your smartphone to another person without using mobile money. It’s important to note that this transaction is only possible between MTN numbers.
You can’t send airtime from your MTN number to a number on a different network. The Me2U service is specifically designed for sharing airtime and cannot be used for transferring data bundles.
With this knowledge, you should be able to easily share airtime with your friends using the MTN Me2U service.
Start sharing that airtime now. For more MTN-related articles, you can check out:
- MTN shortcodes
- Meaning of reference when sending mobile money
- How to unblock your MTN mobile money account
- MTN midnight bundle packages