A lot of people in Ghana already know about the internet. The internet is a place where we can search for information, movies, and many other things. And almost everyone that has a smartphone uses the internet.
However, only a few people know about the Intranet. Yes, their names sound similar and have similar characteristics, but they are not the same. Some people even get confused when they hear both terms.
One of the main differences between the internet and the Intranet is that it is available for everyone to use. The Intranet, however, requires a person to log in since it is owned privately by an organization and not open to the public.
Because the internet is available to all people, there had to be another form of network that could be used privately by an organization or closed community. This is the reason for the existence of the Intranet. There are security and privacy within an intranet network that cannot be found on an internet network.
What Is The Internet?
The internet is a vast network that connects other computers worldwide, and it is a place where people can share and information and communicate with other people.
It is a global network that connects various computers and provides transmission of data between the connected computers. It uses both a wired and wireless mode of communication to send and receive information from other networks.
What Is The Intranet?
The Intranet is a restricted local network that is created by using the world-wide-web software.
The Intranet is a part of the internet that is exclusively private and used and owned by an organization.
A firewall has been set up in an intranet network that prevents unauthorized people from gaining access to the network without permission. The Intranet is mainly set up to connect computers within a firm so that data and files can be shared among them easily.
It is a secure way to share data as the intranet network is highly secure inside the firm. Although the Intranet is a private computer network, it still uses internet protocols to operate.
Here Are The Main Differences Between The Internet And The Intranet.
- The internet is open to everyone and all computer networks.
It also connects various computer networks
- It is not very secure as compared to the Intranet since it is not private
- It has an unlimited number of users since people all over the world are allowed to access it if they can
- Traffic on the internet is more because the visitors are unlimited
- The internet is a public type of network, and its open to and everyone
The internet also has a total amount of information on it that can be accessed by anyone who knows where to find it
- It is part of the internet, but it is owned privately and not open to the public
- It can be accessed only by the people in the organization that owns it or people who have the login details to it
- It is safe because not everyone can access it
- It has a limited number of users
- It is has a very private and the number of visitors there are less as compared to the internet
- The amount of information on it is limited, and it can only be accessed by the people in the organization that owns it
The Intranet and the internet both have close similarities, but as I said at the beginning of this article, they are not the same. The Intranet works by using internet protocols, and it is a part of the internet that has been made private for certain firms that only have access to it.
The internet consists of various LANs, MANs, and WANs, while an intranet can be a LAN, MAN, or WAN.an Intranet is much safer than the internet as it is not open to everyone.