Most mobile subscribers know that they sometimes have to back up their contacts. This is especially true when you are an MTN Ghana user because they seem to remind their subscribers about that a lot.
You need to back up your contacts to keep them secure so that you can retrieve them should you lose your mobile phone. Maybe you have already done the backup.
It was not done by you but someone else did it for you and now, you want to retrieve your contacts but you do not know how to go about it.
This article here will guide you on how to restore the backup and get all your contacts back in one piece.
So let us get down and see how we can restore the MTN Ghana network. first of all, we need to know what the service we are talking about is before we can proceed.
This is for those reading this article who may have no idea about what the service is.
Table of Contents
What Is The Mtn Backup Service?
This is a service by MTN Ghana that allows their subscribers to back up all their contacts so that they do not lose them should something happen to their mobile devices.
This is the safest option for all MTN Ghana subscribers to save their contacts if they want to save the contacts on the cloud. You can then restore them easily back to your SIM card when you need them again.
Just like everything else around, there are some requirements that you will need to meet before you will be able to back up your contact on the MTN backup service.
First of all, you will need to have a 128k SIM before you can do a backup. Any SIM card that is lesser than 128k will possibly network.
The device you are using for the backup should also be from one of these manufacturers: Samsung, Lenovo, Xiaomi, Vertu, Nokia, LG, Alcatel, Motorola, Panasonic, Sony, Meizu, and ZTE.
Starting The Backup Process
Here is how to restore the contact on your mobile device. There are two processes through which you can do this.
You can activate the MTN Backup service either through customer care or through the MTN menu on your mobile device.
- First, to activate it through customer care, call the MTN 100 line and then choose nay Ghanaian language of your choice to transact in
- Choose 5 so that you will be connected to an agent
- After the agent takes your call, explain to him or her that you want to activate the backup service on your device and listen to what the agent will say
- After it is done, you will be sent a message alerting you that the service has been activated on your phone. Anytime a backup is done, you will receive a message to notify you.
Activating Through The SIM
- Go to your phone menu and select my MTN
- Choose ‘MTN backup’
- Choose ‘synchronize from the list that comes
- You will be notified that the activation had been successful
- Click on ‘ok’ and then wait for a while
- A payment confirmation will be sent to you. Enter the PIN of your mobile money wallet
- Now choose option 1
When trying to restore the backup contacts to your mobile device, there are some simple steps to follow.
- You will have to visit the MTN backup portal online
- After you have accessed it, go to the devices menu on the MTN backup menu and then check. Check to see the last device that was used to make the backup.
- Now choose the new one which you would like to restore the backup contacts onto
- Now select ‘sync now
- You will be sent a message that the synchronization is in progress.
- Click on ‘continue’ and then wait for it to complete
- After it has been completed, you will then see that all the backup contacts have been restored to the device you are holding. In this way, you will be able to keep all your contacts safe.
The MTN backup is not free as it comes with some small charges. You will have to pay an amount of GHS 0.65 when you start the service on your mobile device. You will be making this payment every month through your mobile money wallet.
You can backup a total of 200 contacts from your SIM card and another 5000 from your mobile onto the service for safekeeping.
As you can see, this is a very fast and easy thing to do to get all your contacts back on your new device without having to lose anything at all.
All you have to do is to get the service started on your mobile pine. Once you have started the service, it will back up your contacts every two weeks to make sure that all new contacts have been saved. This can help a forgetful person keep his contacts secure.