There are times when you want to read a message that was sent by someone who does not want to reply.
You just want to read the message to see what they want or what they are trying to tell you and then go about your day because such people do not deserve a reply from you.
However, how do you do that when your messaging app, which is Telegram allows the sender to see if you have read the message or not? This is exactly what you are trying to avoid. You do not want the sender to see that you read the message.
The good news is, there is a way to go about this. In this article, I will be showing you how you can read messages on telegram. There are some tricks you can employ to achieve this goal. We are going to look at some ways through which you can read your telegram messages without it showing that you have read them.
The Lock Screen
Of course, one of the most common ways to read a message without the sender knowing is by doing so on the lock screen. To do this, you should first make sure that you have enabled notifications displayed on the lock screen and that the messages are not hidden.
- Go to the application configurations
- Touch the icon with the gear which can be seen on the home screen
- Go to notifications and under sound and notifications, tap on the screen lock
- Now make sure to select the option ‘show all notifications’ and then tap on the ok
- Now, under notifications ‘audio and notifications’ tap on applications and then on telegram
- Make sure that the switch on ‘block’ has been put off
- After this, you will now be able to read messages from telegram directly on your lock screen without having to open the app.
If you are using the IOS device, the same method can be used there as well. You will be able to read the telegram messages.
The only downside of this method is that you should not later go and open the message else the sender would then know that you have read the message.
You can also read telegram messages secretly through the notification dropdown.
To do this on android, please follow the steps below.
- Go to settings
- Then over to notifications and audio and applications
- Tap on telegram and switch off ‘block notifications’
This procedure would be quite the same on other android devices out there. After this, you will now be able to read telegram messages by drawing down the notification panel and the sender will not know if you have read it or not.
On IOS, the messages can be read from the notification center but telegram notifications will have to be enabled first and this can be done by following the steps listed for android above.
After you are done with that, please follow the steps below as well.
- Go to application configurations
- Touch the icon with the gear which is on the home screen
- Tap on notifications and then tap n telegram
- Besides ‘enable notifications’ toggle the switch on
- Now go to screen lock and then to notifications center and flag
- Tap on ‘show previews’ and choose ‘always’
You will then be able to read all telegram messages on the notification center without having to open the app for the sender to know that you have read it.
This can be used by google assistant to read the messages and it can be found on both android and IOS. To use google assistant for this, open it and say “Read the last telegram messages I received” google assistant will then read your newest telegram messages to you and also tell you who the sender was. It will also ask if you are willing to reply to the message.
IOS users can also use Crab to read telegram messages. Using this is just like using google assistant.
You will have to open Siri and then say “Read the last telegram messages I received” and it will read them for you along with the name of the sender.
Through methods, you can read telegram messages and not worry about the sender knowing that you have read them.
I hope this article has been helpful.